Memoirs of a haishya: Living for the Future

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Living for the Future

Do we live for the past, the present, or the future? Are we doing now, what we really want? Or are we just doing what we are doing now, just for the future? Or are we doing something now, to compensate another thing in the past?

Will this really mean a different thing if it weren't for me?

I can't wait for the future. Everyday is just a going-through-the-motion affair.
It's time we move on, guys.

On a different note, I'm really touched by how the storemen really slog for their superiors. They weren't supposed to be here in the first place, yet they are doing so much, without a word of complaint.

When I was complaining about how I got the DO duty on a public holiday, I never realized how the storemen felt when they had to come back on a public holiday to do work. And mind you, it's hard labour kind of work. Yet they were all smiles. I guess it really is about finding joy in your work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home