Memoirs of a haishya: Nice

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Nice

First time conducting live run. (i can never figure out whether it is live or life run.) Anyway, it didn't go as smoothly as i thought it would, but thank goodness no one pinpointed out the mistakes.

It doesn't help having our 20SA CO and S3, 21SA CO and S3, and all the PSOs and COs of my unit, all come down to run with us on my first time conducting it. Firstly, it has to be formal, unlike those casual runs we always have, without any proper conducting brief and stuff. Secondly, I can't afford to delay or screw it up, if not, i'll be screwing myself up. So, just as I brought out the tables to set up the water point, the first person I had to see was the CO of 21 and 20SA. Good luck. Nothing set up yet and he's come in. Before I know it, people start coming down, and all the senior officers started to chit chat, while I sweat it out preparing for everything. Then the safety rover driver had to mistake the live run date as tml, so he wasn't present there. Luckily we called him and asked him to fly down immediately.

Thank goodness I had the help of my fellow junior officers who taught me what I should do first. So we conducted the warm-up first, while the guys go collect ice, and the marshallers deploy themselves there, and the safety rover makes it way here. Luckily nothing major screwed up, except that the safety rover wasn't here yet. But with the permission of the supervising officer, we kicked off the run. Then the safety rover came shortly after that.

Then the run ended quickly, and we started doing cool down. Then my CO has to come over to check my life run files, and asked if i've read through them thoroughly. I thought he was going to ask me some questions that will choke my throat, but he just gave me some pointers on what to do next time.
Live run ended there.

I'm really glad that there are still nice people around who are willing to exchange duties with me even when the whole unit is taking off. I was really touched. He didn't have to do it, because he disrupted and came back, so he only needed to do ONE weekday. But he was nice to exchange with my FRIDAY, because he saw that i was going to die if i had to do that long weekend duty.

Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home