Memoirs of a haishya: End of teens

Friday, May 11, 2007

End of teens

Living the last few weeks of my teens, i look back to see what i've done, and especially what i've not done, because after these few weeks, i will no longer be a teenager again. And i guess there are some things that should be done in the teens. Am i ready to face the start of my adulthood?

I realize I still remember vividly how I spent my birthday for the past few years. So maybe i should be thankful that my birthdays have been so special each year. This year's birthday will be the last in singapore for a long long time, and i hope my subsequent birthdays will be special too.
Last year: birthday was spent at the passing out from BMT. Something i thought was special, but it only marked the true beginning of NS. Surprisingly, no one remembered it.

Two years ago: one of the best. Spent in Tokyo, celebrated together with my host family a few days earlier. A surprise one makes it even more special.

Three years ago: Spent mugging in the library when two of my classmates, spenser and anthony suddenly msg-ed me happy birthday.

Four years ago: Spent in a classmates' house during one of the stayovers we often have. And indulged in PS2, mahjong. and ended up watching some funny video which was rather X-rated.

Five years ago:One of the best too. Spent in Sapporo together with the whole gang of friends in the immersion programme. Spent watching World Cup Match England vs Argentina which took place in Sapporo too. Something that made it so special.

My memory ended there. Can't recall what happened on my birthday when I was in Sec2. Oh well, i wonder what will happen on this year's birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home